Tuesday 8 September 2015

reveries


i
as the night spreads the pigment of grey
over the fluffy clothes of the firmament
and the moon tucks in half like a bronze coin
into the breast-pockets of the passing clouds

i lie lost in the garden of your thoughts

between my head and my heart
between my nibs and conversations of sheets
between here and there...

ii

i see the slivery winks of the stellar stares
and i remember our best of laughters
when we raced in the cooling chills of pure water
hand in hand...

the unspeakable sweetness on your lips
and the beam of brightness you saw in my eyes

how we laughed loud and drew lovely echoes
on the jealous face of the roving breeze...
iii

shall i forget quickly?
the griefs and the tears we shared
i remember how you sobbed bitterly
upon the shivers of my shoulders...

how i manned my tears and failed...

how we cried silently
how we both cried silently loud
how we finished crying and cried even more...

iv

i remember the tonic of your voice
when you called my name...

the tremble in my voice
when i looked into your eyes...

the charm of your giggles
that brought rhythms to my cheeks...

the lost into the worlds of angels
when your hair fluttered between the fingers of the wind...

v

like the loss of a lone star
i plead forever twinkles of your thoughts

as they journey farewell into the night...
my eyes birth a teary flow...

between my head and my heart
between my nibs and conversations of sheets
between here and there

you were my here and there that was...

Ayoola Goodness (c)2015

No comments:

Post a Comment